Saturday, April 08, 2006

back?

I've been busy, new house, new dog, new job. But my brother insists that I have "important" things to say. I think I just say them prettier than him. So I'll be saying them more often.

I have been thinking about spinning off another somthing and calling it "myjackassneighbor.com" sort of a crack head tinkerer version of all those revenge photo sites. This is definately not very important.

I am working on a piece about the hip-hop reniansance that is threatening to break loose this summer. 3 new Public Enemy records in 12 months, plus 2 greatest hits records, maybe a Flav solo record, a DVD concert and video retrospective, and double CD audio documents of the Nation of Millions and Fear of a Black Planet era's. Ice Cube is putting out his first solo record in 6 years, he's squashed the Don Mega persona, the lyrics for the first two singles remind me of Amerikkka's Most Wanted era, in other words a good resurgence of his attitude, politics and intellect. Plus Caitlin's bringing me a promo of the new Coup record as I type. Guerilla Funk continues to release great records at a break neck pace. All in all promising developments.

No comments: